Pet Insurance: Unexpected illness and injuries can happen and can land you with an unexpected vet bill.
We recommend pet insurance to help cover the cost of illness or injury in your pet. Details of policies vary from company to company but here are the basics of how pet insurance works:
- You pay your policy premium each year
- You pay an excess (varies from €40-€100) per condition per year
- Bills above your excess may be covered by your insurance
- Older animals may have to pay a percentage of each claim
- Illnesses that have already been recorded by a vet by the time you take out your policy will not be covered